This banjo was commissioned and built under the inspiration of Joseph Eichler and Mid-Century Modern architecture and stylings. From the starburst inlays to the windows on the tailpiece and armrest to the “cantilevered beam” shoes, the banjo has Mid Century written into its own architecture.
Beyond the MCM look, however, is a banjo that is all power and function. Its voice is loud and clear thanks to a cast bronze tone ring and solid maple block rim. Like other Weitzel banjos, it is fully adjustable in setup with both resonator brackets and neck to rim connection adjustable with the turn of an allen key.
- 5 strings
- 5th string strung to the head
- Curly maple neck
- Hickory fretboard
- 22 frets, EVO Gold
- No neck binding
- Fretboard inlays – Avonite, MCM Starbursts
- Violin style pegbox
- Tuners – 4:1 planetary-geared Pegheds violin style tuners
- Capo System: capo buttons on frets 1-17
- Neck to Rim connection: Adjustable
- Old growth maple, block construction.
- Cast bronze tone ring
- Top adjusting brass stretcher bar
- Brass shoes with stainless hooks
- Curly maple back and sides
- “Floating Resonator” Adjustable brackets
- Binding – Ebonized Hickory
- Tailpiece and Armrest – Ebonized Hickory, MCM Window design
- Bridge – 5 Foot Starburst design with no direct path for string vibration to head
- Overall Weight: 10lbs